The Written Word

Every year in May there is something called the National Stationery show held at the Javits Center in Manhattan. It's a trade only marketplace for shop owners, large and small, from all over the country to come and purchase products for their shops. To say it's a feast for the eyes is an understatement. The creativity is endless, the talent is staggering.
From an early age my mother engrained in us the importance of the thank you note. I still remember struggling as a young child for the words to properly thank those who I was writing. The one thing, though, that I never had a lack of was cards, pens and notepads. While some may refer to this as hoarding, I simply call it my collection. I've always been drawn to paper products and my love continues. Although some people think that the written word is dead (or dying) I think it's stronger and more powerful than ever. My husband and I recently had a barbecue for friends over Memorial Day weekend and shortly there after we received the most beautiful thank you note on an amazing notecard from one of the couples that came over. What a pleasant thing to come home to and open after a long day! It made me smile and laugh at recalling how much fun we had. Those of us who are "connected" 24/7 to our smart phones, tablets, computers are used to a constant flow of information, emails, social media. It's constant overload. But to receive a note in the mail, even just to say hi, now that is special! And, let me tell you, there are cards out there for every occasion and we've collected some of the best ones. Send someone a card, they'll appreciate it more than you think. Check out our Stationery section here (an added bonus - they're almost all made in America!!)