FOR THE LOVE OF WALLPAPER.

If you have read any interior design blogs or picked up the latest shelter magazines, you'll be greeted by gorgeous rooms with...wallpaper. It seems like it's everywhere. Up until very recently, I have only had one feeling towards wallpaper and that was good-bye. When my husband and I purchased our house, of course we noticed the pink swirl wallpaper in the bathroom, the metallic striped wallpaper in the powder room (which ,actually was very cool), the grass cloth in the hallways and staircase (this is original grass cloth, people), and of course the slightly iridescent bird motif in the dining room. What we didn't see was that every other room also had wallpaper. It was either painted over (really?!) or so light that until examining it, you would not have known it was wallpaper. There was also the wallpaper over wallpaper. After months of painstakingly removing almost all of said wallpaper, I didn't think I'd ever want to look at this stuff again. However, I've been giving it a second thought and am considering using it on a small accent wall in the hallway and in my walk-in-closet. 

Hygge & West always has great options - you can go slightly whimsical, totally chic or just plain fun. Here are some of my favorites. 


I love this one for a hallway or larger room. The pattern disappears from a distance so it won't overwhelm the eye. 

This would be so fun in a laundry room above white wainscoting. 
I'm really feeling green lately, too. 
I would love to put this in a bar nook or a powder room. 
I think the dark ground with the gold accents in great but maybe too much after looking at it for awhile?
I absolutely love Caitlin Wilson's line of fabrics and now she is doing wallpaper! It could not be more beautiful. I love this one for a small accent wall or in my closet!
Blooms Grande in White Wallpaper
                 
silhouette in blush wallpaper
silhouette in blush wallpaper
silhouette in blush wallpaper
silhouette in blush wallpaper
silhouette in blush wallpaper
silhouette in blush wallpaper
silhouette in blush wallpaper
This would be so pretty in a powder room, little girls room or I'm thinking of it for the small awkward wall under my staircase. Silhouette in Blush Wallpaper


1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5

What do you think? Will you be wallpapering anytime soon? 
Is it too much of a commitment?